Re: [TR] How much oil do you put in

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] How much oil do you put in
From: "Lou Metelko" <lmtr4a@ctlnet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 16:05:13 -0500
----- Original Message -----

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, January 01, 2007 10:44 AM
Subject: [TR] How much oil do you put in

> Here's something I've been thinking about.  How much oil do you put in
your engine?  I have always kept it at the Full mark but maybe the optimium
amount would be halfway or even at the Add mark.  I've read that too much
can rob horsepower because the crankshaft has to slosh its way through it.
During winter I think I can do without the extra cooling that the oil
provides.

For that extra cooling is the reason I keep all my cars (and trucks) at or
just below the max line.

Lou Metelko

===     http://www.vtr.org