Re: [TR] Triumph Wood Dash Wanted - Bad

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumph Wood Dash Wanted - Bad
From: "Jim Muller" <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 00:48:04 -0500
On 5 Jan 2007 at 23:07, ScharfR@aol.com wrote:

> If you have a wood dash in sad shape and don't want too much for
> it, let me know. I'm willing to pay a pittance or so + shipping.

Conversely, you could practice your craft on borrowed dash pieces.
If it works out well, what would you do with the result?  Why not
sell them back to the original owner for the same price?  You might
say that they'd be getting back something better than they gave.  So
a simple borrowing with no money changing hands would mean they
sustain all the risk in case it doesn't work out so well.  And it
wouldn't cost you what you are proposing to pay for the parts.
You're going to do the same work anyway.

The only part of this not accounted for is if you planned to do
something with the pieces when you are finished.

You see, I have GT6 dash pieces in a box in the garage.  I haven't
had time to do the other stuff I need to do, let alone work with
them, but I'd like to upgrade my GT6 dash some day.  So if I'm going
to part with them I don't want it to be for peanuts.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller@rcn.com

===     http://www.vtr.org