RE: [TR] 90wt. oil in steering rack?

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [TR] 90wt. oil in steering rack?
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 21:22:39 -0800
>  steering racks are
> supposed to be lubricated with #90 gear oil, not with multi-purpose grease.

I wonder what their reference for that statement is ?  I've checked several
factory manuals, both TR6 and other Triumphs equipped with R&P steering; and
every single one says 5 shots of grease.  That includes a Stag factory shop
manual published in 1977 and a TR7 Haynes updated in 1981.  Didn't find anything
in the limited collection of TSBs I have on hand, either.

Might be worth asking them.

Randall

===     http://www.vtr.org