[TR] Frame Welding

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] Frame Welding
From: "Dave Connitt" <dconnitt@fuse.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 12:38:18 -0500
Todd,

I had a setback in the Triumph. I wasn't able to get the frame welded this
weekend. The welder came over to look at the frame and logistically we
decided to weld it at my house next weekend assuming I can get a 220VAC plug
run into my garage. I thought at the time I could but my breaker box is all
the way across the house in the far wall of my finished basement. That
wasn't too bad still as our house had originally had a heat pump and the 6
awg 2 conductor aluminum wire was still coiled up in the ceiling of our
laundry room. I was planning on extending that out to the garage for the
plug. When I went to Home Depot to get the wire, I found out that aluminum 6
awg wire is only good for 40 amps and I need 50 amps for the stove.
I was going to use the stove for powder coating, plus it would be good to
have a 220 VAC plug out there anyway for things like a larger welder.
I have to figure out what I want to do now. I still want to get the frame
welded up before too long so I can get moving on assembly.
Talk to you later.
Dave

===     http://www.vtr.org