Re: [TR] Girling vs Lucas

To: Bob Danielson <75TR6@tr6.danielsonfamily.org>,
Subject: Re: [TR] Girling vs Lucas
From: "Glenn A. Merrell" <StagByTriumph@tscusa.org>
Date: Fri, 04 May 2007 15:28:28 -0600
Bob Danielson wrote:
> TRF sells the Girling Master Cylinder for $200 but I can find brand new
> Lucas ones for $150.00. Moss is $215 but makes no mention of manufacturer.
> Is the Girling product worth the extra $50?
>
> Thanks
> Bob

Bob,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think it is (or was) Lucas Girling, one
company, Lucas buying Girling in the late 60's or early '70's.

Many suppliers only list "Girling" for brake parts because Girling or
Lockheed were the names synonymous with  UK brakes parts.   I think it
was also Lockheed Girling for a while.

At least that is what I remember.

--
Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)

===     http://www.vtr.org