Re: [TR] TR6 cooling hoses

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 cooling hoses
From: Dave1massey@cs.com
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2008 10:41:32 EDT
In a message dated 4/5/2008 9:03:19 AM Central Daylight Time,
rpeglow@optonline.net writes:
>      Spring is here. I'll be changing all the cooling hoses on my six.
>      I'll pull the thermostat and leave radiator cap off for draining.
>      Will coolent drain so heater will not drain into car?
>      No leaks/problems just trying to improve reliability for stop and go
> driving
>      in hot weather.
>      I already have green hoses and clips set.
>      Any and all thoughts/suggestions appreciated.
>      Regards,
>      Bob

If you are referring to coolant draining into the car when the heater hoses
are removed fromt he heater and bulkhead fittings, yes it will.  I recommend
removing the foot well carpet, laying down plenty of towels and have a bucket
handy.  You won't get much (about a pint) but the lines are a low spot and you
can't drain them from the engine side.

Dave

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net