Re: [TR] zenith or su's ?

To: "Triumph List" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] zenith or su's ?
From: "Wayne Lee" <wayne@motorcarriage.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:23:33 -0500
 Hi Brian,
    Yes, the Spitfire Float Bowls are essential in getting it right. I did
 the HS6 Conversion on my TR6, and it made a world of difference in
performance and simplicity,
 Fuel  Mileage. Once You get your linkage situation sorted You'll be happy
You made the change.
My HS6's started life on a Volvo P1800. So after the Float Bowls which
needed to be turned vertical,
and the Linkage problems were sorted,the jetting was all that remained. As
long as
 your Jet is of the larger variety for the HS6's,all that's left is your
Needles. Moss includes the (BAG)
Needle profile with their Conversions. I run (BAE) if I remember correctly.
   I run them with the low compression late Head, Non EGR Manifold and K&N
 A/Filters, with Pertronix and Lucas Sports Coil.
 I might play with the BAE Needles in the future, I'll have to look at the
 comparitive Needle Profiles. You could always call Joe Curto
 and get a couple sets of Needles to try out. Other than having a pair of
 Synchrometers and checking your Plug readings You'll be happy
 if they're good Carbs.
 Regards,
 Wayne Lee
 75 TR6 (Daily Driver till next week)