[TR] Searching for The Searchers

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Searching for The Searchers
From: <jimmuller@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 12:18:10 -0500 (EST)
Randall wrote:
> Several artists covered it, including Cher, but I don't
> recall the Dave Clark 5 doing it.

> Here's The Searchers' version.

I can't check the mp3 here at work so it will have to wait.  But Wikipedia's
history of The Searchers calls it their hit and the timline suggests 1965.  So
as usual you are in the right of it!

Of course, that was only 45 years ago.  And it has been said that if you
remember the 60's you weren't there.  Geez, I remember the song plain as day
but apparently I don't remember the band name at all.
--
Jim Muller, wondering what else I've misforgotten

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net