[TR] A surprise in store

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [TR] A surprise in store
From: John Macartney <macartney.john@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 23:59:29 +0000 (GMT)
Hi, Everyone

Encountered a true 'Triumph' story today that I feel might entertain?
Paid a visit to my local picture framer to get a quote for one of the Triumph
Trans America maps I've brought home. This bloke is a bit of a 'green' fanatic
and berated me in friendly fashion for my contribution to global warming. He
then looked at what I wanted framed and said, "Ah, so you did the trip in a
Stag, then?"
He continued.
"Some years ago, my wife and I were looking for a house and we received some
details about a property we really liked. It was in a fantastic location in
the hills, had fabulous views across the country - and seemed to fit our price
band exactly."
Seems this house had a large basement and this was important for the picture
framing business and the agent's info on the property said something like
"contents of basement included in sale."
They went to look at the house and found it needed rather more work (and
money) than they had available, so decided to give it a miss. However, before
leaving, the agent was very pressing about seeing all the property so they
went into the basement which was indeed large. There was a superb workroom, a
large storeroom and an even larger garage, with extensive workshop equipment
and tools - and in the garage was a Triumph Stag. Six years old at the time,
had covered less than 5000 miles since new and hadn't been used for at least a
year.
Why was it included with the house?
The widower owner had died, the relatives were all overseas and the people
charged with disposing of the estate didn't want to get involved in selling
the car.
When did this happen? 1986 - so don't hurl yourselves at the UK to buy a house
with a built-in Triumph - 'cos it's gone :)

Jonmac

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net