Re: [TR] Narrowing in on a lost commission number

To: nwolf@u.washington.edu
Subject: Re: [TR] Narrowing in on a lost commission number
From: Geo Hahn <ahwahnee18@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 18:37:04 -0700
On 12/27/09, nwolf@u.washington.edu <nwolf@u.washington.edu> wrote:
> I live in Seattle, WA.  What's the worst that could happen if I just
> wander into the local DMV and tell them my story?

Excellent -- worthy of the History Detectives.

You likely need a friend in the DMV.  Okay, not a real friend but
someone who will take an interest in what you want to do and why you
want to do it.

In my experience finding such a person by just going into the license
branch is a long shot.

Don't know if you have these in WA, but in Arizona we have local
private license branches that are less hurried and more willing to
work with a 'problem'.  They charge an extra service fee but deliver
on that service.  If you have these it might be a place to try.

Also... maybe thru the list or a local club you might find 'someone
who knows someone' who can help.  In addition to car clubs, a member
of your local license plate club (if you can find such a thing) may
have a useful contact.

I had an unusual request for the Arizona MVD and worked the phone a
bit calling the main office in Phoenix until I got someone who was
friendly and helpful.  In the end it worked for me as she told me how
to go about what I wanted to do and sent me a copy of the procedure
manual section on the subject (the local branch had told me it
couldn't be done) -- but swore me to never reveal how I came by the
information.

Good luck -- certainly worth trying to do.

Geo

http://www.vtr.org

Triumphs@autox.team.net