Re: [TR] Silicone Brake Fluid Tolerant Stoplight Switches?

To: List Triumph <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] Silicone Brake Fluid Tolerant Stoplight Switches?
From: William Babbitt <wbabbitt@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2024 16:40:48 -0500
Thanks to all who responded.

As suggested by some, Iâ??ve decided to go with installing a mechanical switch
up in the master cylinder area.
Iâ??ll likely remove the hydraulic switch and put a brass plug in its place.

Canâ??t see the merit in continuing down the hydraulic path knowing that short
term failure is assured.
Iâ??d like to have more assurance that the brake lights will function when I
need them. Also, I prefer having the lights come on at first pedal movement
rather than when the brakes are already engaged.

The wisdom of the list is always appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Sent from my iPhone
** triumphs@autox.team.net **