Racing organization info wanted

To: Vintage Racing <Vintage-Race@autox.team.net>
Subject: Racing organization info wanted
From: Jarrid Gross <GROSS@unit.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 09:20:00 -0700
     I am in southern California and have spent some time up at Willow
Springs at club sponsered "racing clinic" sessions.  I feel comfortable with
my car now, and feel it is time to move into competition.

     I've heard horror stories about the safety requirements for vintage
racing, and if I've heard correctly,  I can not  qualify for VARA sanctioned
racing without some major coin.

     I currently own a 1961 Sunbeam Alpine that is rather well prepped for
road racing.  Equipment consists of a roll bar, fire extinguisher DOT
approved autocross tires and a  polypropylene fuel cell.  I have a single
circuit master cylinder and mostly an otherwise stock car.

     Am I incorrect in assuming that I dont currently qualify for VARA
racing, and if so are there other less stringent organizations that I can
hook up with for an occational speed fix?

How about SCCA?

Jarrid Gross
Series II Alpine

"If it dont bleed then it's out of oil."