Re: Introduction

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Introduction
From: jeh@world.std.com (jim hayes)
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 19:40:50 -0500
> From: Susan <alfasun@esslink.com>
> To: jeh@world.std.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net,
> Subject: Re: Introduction
> > With those low profile 16" Michelins and carbon fibre bits, it'll reall
> > look vintage!
> There's a place for cars like this. I think they call it
> SCCA...or something.

Actually, the english have a number of series of single marque races that
are appropriate for this , with TVRs, Sevens, and one planned for the Lotus
Elise. Renault does it withthe Sport Spider. But they are "serious races".

BTW, I've been down with a particularly vicious flu for a week and have been
watching "Speedvision" on cable. They intersperse vintage films (Le Mans 55,
British GP 55, Tourist Trophy of the 30s) with current races and "crash and
burn video" commercials. I believe I have actually seen races with more body
contact than NASCAR: the Porsche Cup. Have you ever seen cars ramming each
other from the view of an on-board camera under the front bumper? Does
anybody know if punting your competitor off is considered good form in
Porsche Cup or are the drivers that incompetent???

Jim

jeh@fotec.com         http://www.fotec.com/jim.htm
veni, vidi, veloce