Re: 18" stainless steel surgical clamps

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 18" stainless steel surgical clamps
From: Simon Favre <favres@engmail.ulinear.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 10:06:41 PST
Actually, yes. They are very good for rooting around in inaccessible
locations. I stick a magnet in the jaws of mine sometimes. You get
better control over the magnet with one of these than one of those
spindly wire thingies. I use a very strong magnet. ;=) They are also
quite handy for clamping off small hoses and as a "third hand" when
trying to hold some silly small bits together for fastening.

>I'll bite (feels like a fish, smells like a fish), what exactly do you
>do with 18" stainless steel surgical clamps in 'vintage racing'.
>Perhaps fish for lost parts :-).

I don't know about you, but fishing for small parts accounts for a
significant portion of my garage time. ;=(