RE: AUS - Wet Amaroo

To: Andrew Pursey <MorrisOxford@s054.aone.net.au>
Subject: RE: AUS - Wet Amaroo
From: Jeremy Braithwaite <100240.2425@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 01:47:28 -0500
Andrew

Thanks for a great story!

Appropriate responses follow:-

<<now I know why I continue to be a tin top person (unless, Jeremy, you'd
like to swap cars at the HSRCA Family Day?).>>

Andrew I haven't raced a taxi for 21 years (RS2000 and 1 point in the
Australian Touring Car Championship ... my only claim to fame!) ... not
sure I remember how. <g>

<<my Oxford clocked 1:13.44>>

You were much faster than me!

<< Terry had the throttle jam open on the Beetle>>

I'm surprised he noticed any difference ..... <vbg>

<<The only thing left to be said about the race meeting was that the HSRCA
organisation was excellent and both days finished without anybody having to
have their race cancelled>>

Agree entirely ... although I'm sure most of the flaggies would say they
prefer the rain as the racing is much more entertaining to watch .....

<<Saab .. more trouble in under 500 miles than any LBC - if this is typical
of the marque, don't buy a SAAB>>

When are we going to organise your media event in front of the dealership?
Suggest you post the problems in this thread so people don't complain about
it being a non related topic.  The Lotus content is that Lotus was owned by
GM and so is Saab, and the Vintage Race content is not entirely clear but
no doubt will become so as the problem will likely take many years to
solve!

regards

Jeremy
Age & Treachery Racing Australia