Lotus 51A/FF

To: vintage-race@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Lotus 51A/FF
From: ROCKNEY@rcksuni1.is.ge.com (VAUGHN ROCKNEY)
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 08:51:26 -0500
Vintage-racer's,
  Yesterday I finished the restoration of the Lotus '51 and drove it
around the neighborhood.  Didn't crash or break it.  Was so tired at the
end of the day, that I parked it in the trailer next to the house with
pure water still in the car not even thinking about the weather.. got
down to 26 F here last night, but the car seems to have made it ok.. I
might have gotten lucky.
  I'm planning to debut the car at the HSR Mitty event in Atlanta, with
my year's big vacation and dream trip the VARAC Mosport Festival in
June.  Carol said the Mitty entry forms were at the printers last week
and are due to be mailed soon.
  Unfortunately, I don't have any Atlanta motel information to provide..
I'm planning to camp in the paddock.  Are any other vintage-race
list'ers going to the race?  I'll need to pick up a crew, as most likely
I'll be coming by myself..  Also if any list members have driven in a
prior Mitty event, it would be great to hear your impressions and/or
advice.  Thanks in advance,

Vaughn Rockney