Re: almost total brake failure

To: Richard_Tillinger@dresser-rand.com, vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: almost total brake failure
From: JWoesvra@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 16:16:06 EDT
In a message dated 10/7/02 8:40:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Richard_Tillinger@dresser-rand.com writes:

> They didn't because the brake bias bar went over too far, and the
> pedal basically made it to the floor. It seems that the fix would be some
> sort of limiting stops on the brake bias bar. I don't want to reinvent the
> wheel here, and someone else must have experienced this problem and figured
> out how to fix it.

Gary Brooks experienced a similar situation in his ex-Sebring Corvette. He
says he has a fix but I don't know what it is yet. I have asked him to right
something for the newsletter.

The problem is that you run out of pedal travel before the "good" side gets
any pressure on it. I think everyone ought to check their systems both ways
to see what happens when the other side is open.

These system give a false sense of security when there may not be any.

What have others discovered?

Jack Woehrle