Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Festival of Speed

To: vintage-race@autox.team.net
Subject: Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Festival of Speed
From: Ralph Steinberg <ralph@cloverleaf-auto.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 13:04:18 -0500
Hello everyone,
    I have a goal to reach. I want 175 entries for BeaveRun this year
and that is before I count my Porsche/BMW challenge. We are pulling
out all of the stops to make this the best year ever and to lock this
event onto everyone schedule. BeaveRun is a fairly new and exciting
race course with big plans for future development. They plan on
expanding to an over 2 mile road course. We, both the Pittsburgh
Vintage Grand Prix Association and the yourself, have the unique
opportunity of growing right along with this. No this can never be
the Watkins's Glen of western Pa, but we do not want it to be either.
The Glen likes to think they are recreating the great races of the
past. When most of the people racing there today were barely born
when the last Grand Prix ended. We of the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand
Prix have already established a longer racing tradition than most
anyone anywhere. We are moving into our 23 year and now with BeaveRun
we can start another chapter in our long history. This one, I hope
will include you and many other people from clubs and organizations
world wide.
  Come be apart of this new tradition. Help us expand into a three or
four day vintage festival and perhaps you can be sitting in the
paddock one day telling all of the new crop of vintage and historic
racers that "back when I started coming we did not have this big
course and the fancy club house and all, we ran this little track so
many laps my tire wore plumb out before the weekend was over and let
me tell you how it was when.... I want drivers of the future to come
to this event and say they got hooked on racing coming here with
their family to watch Bob Girven and Tivvy Shenton duke it out down
the straight or Mark Palmer chomping on a Lotus23 with his old MGA or
there used to be this guy, Chris his name was, who used to race this
car with a real funny name, jockstrap or something like that...( a
tip of the hat to my very good friend Chris Shoemaker and his Jocko)
  Vintage and Historic racing is growing into a huge sport all on
it's own. We are beginning to fill our club memberships with young
people who have never raced anything but a vintage or historic car,
not as it once was where almost everyone was an ex-something racer.

  Now onto the nuts and bolts
  Jaguar is the marque of the year and for those with Jaguar power we
will accept any year or model jaguar car or special that both the
driver and the car meet our requirements. All jaguar powered vehicles
are invited to compete in both races, both weekends and pay one
reduced entry fee for both.
  There is all sorts of information, tentative race groups, entry
forms, track info, late breaking news and more at
www.cloverleaf-auto.com just click the vintage racing button and
follow the links. Check back often as new information will be posted
as soon as I get it. Information on which motel is the designated
race motel, events etc.

Ralph Steinberg
Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix director of competition BeaveRun Historics