2000-register

5 cylinders

To: 2000-Register@autox.team.net
Subject: 5 cylinders
From: clifford.pope@virgin.net
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 05:57:44 -0700
I've never found a new plug faulty, but I have had a plug that looked
fine simply not transmit any spark, so I suppose it can happen. Try
refitting all the old ones?
Have the ignition leads etc been tested when actually running?
Is it an identifiable cylinder that isn't running? Try the old dodge of
pulling off the plug leads one by one and see which one doesn't make any
difference.
Worn distributor bushes? The spark may jump when doing a static test but
not when the rotor is waggling about.
Rotor arm loose on the distributor shaft? Try a bit of Bluetack.
Cliff Pope