Re: Wiring harnesses

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Wiring harnesses
From: pmachold <pmachold@fcgint.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 11:53:31 -0500
Bob,

The covering on the wiring harnesses of our cars is not of the electrical
tape variety.  It is a non-adhesive plastic product that looks like
electrical tape.  This covering is wrapped tightly around the wires and
tied at the trailing edge.

The covering can be purchased in rolls (that look just like electrical
tape rolls) from The Eastwood Company located just outside of
Philadelphia.

I used this on my TR250 and it makes the harnesses look new.

Good Luck,
Peter Macholdt

>I'm in the process of repairing the wiring harness in my TR6 and I'm not
>sure as
>to the type of tape to use to re-wrap the harness. I assume that it is
>supposed
>to be common black electrical tape but is there a particular brand of tape
>which
>is appropriate? Any ideas?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Bob K
>'72 TR6

Peter Macholdt                    HealthAnswers/ FCG Intl
Vice President                    Suite 503
(215) 321-2360                    301 Oxford Valley Road
(603) 925-3050 FAX                Yardley, PA 19067