Re: TACH PROBLEM, cable?

To: TRIUM66@aol.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TACH PROBLEM, cable?
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 13:43:56 -0800 (PST)
TRIUM66---Someone on the list wrote about this several months ago. I
can't confirm its accuracy, but in brief he said that if the wrong cable
(the end that connects to the tach itself) is used, it can protrude into
the body of the tach and mess up the internal workings.  If this is
true, it would take place as you screw the "nut" attached to the tach
cable onto the threaded portion of the tach that accepts the square
drive inner cable.  This could be verified one way or another by getting
hold of a known "good" tach cable from one of our suppliers, and
comparing the length of these drive ends.

If you find this to be your case of having the wrong cable, let us know
so we can validate this as a possible cause.

Dick T
'73
L.A.