Re: Suspension Parts

To: "6pack list" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Suspension Parts
From: pmachold <pmachold@fcgint.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2000 09:19:30 -0500
Chris,

A list of things to consider (I'm just completing my front end rebuild).

- Good Parts suspension bushings have gotten excellent reviews (be sure
to use plenty of antiseize compound to prevent squeaks)

- purchase all new hardware; castle nuts, nyloc nuts, bolts and washers

- new ball joints and tie rod ends

- replace boots on inner ball joints

- new spring seats

- replace trunnions

- Spax shocks have gotten good reviews and are adjustable while on the car

- replace bearings and races on front hubs

- cut brake rotors while the hubs are off the car

Good luck with this.  Write if you hit any problems.

Peter Macholdt
TR250