Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #181

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 6 Pack Digest V1 #181
From: edwin.mcguirk@db.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:22:20 -0400

It has been my experience that you cannot bleed the TR6 clutch slave cylinder
by drawing fluid from the bleed nipple. The seals aren't strong enough to hold
out the air. The vacuum will draw bubbles right past the seal before drawing
new fluid from the clutch master cylinder. The best way to bleed the clutch is
with pressure from the master cylinder by using an adapter on the master
cylinder (if you can find the parts) or by simply pumping the peddle.

Instead of 'classic' bleeding, I like to flush my hydraulic systems. Brake
fluid should look like apple juice not coffee. (you should be careful of
stroking the peddle too much farther than normal, old system's bore's are
usually rough outside of the normal use area and can damage seals. It's never
happened to me but I've heard it's likely)

Ed McGuirk
76 TR6
86 Rx7
88 MR2 Supercharged