Re: IRS Corvair 1/2 axle

To: elkhorn@megsinet.net (David & Krystal Wingett)
Subject: Re: IRS Corvair 1/2 axle
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 13:24:44 -0800 (PST)
David----It's good to know there are still a few TR6's ripping up
pavement out there, even if it is in vintage races.  I spoke to Kastner
many years ago about this very subject. His main concern about breaking
the TR6 axle was mostly due to the fact that it was difficult to keep
the (lowered) TR suspension from bottoming out during the hard cornering
encountered in race track situations. This, as we know, can set up an
axle shaft for stress fractures, which eventually will shear off.  It is
reasonable to believe that the beefier Corvair axle will delay or
prevent this from happening.

Dick Taylor
CF11143