Re: compression pressure

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: compression pressure
From: DeLoera56@aol.com
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 21:41:56 EST
Dick

    Your right, I neglected to mention that the fouling plugs were No's 1,3
and 6. The other three are a light gray or ash colored. Blue smoke is
definitely following my car around and after doing the down hill down shift,
backing off the throttle for a short distance then excelerate, it gets very
blue.

    Your recommendation of using the bronze guides is duly noted, I intend to
go that route when rebuilding the head begins.

    Another malady that occurs with this engine that I meant to ask about is
a metallic scuffing sound from number one cylinder when starting cold. The
sound makes me think it is the piston skirt slapping the cylinder wall until
sufficient piston expansion, due to increased engine temperature diminishes
the gap. Is this a serious concern or just something that can wait to be
resolved when I eventually rebuild the engine?

    Thanks again for sharing your experience and knowledge, it's a tremendous
asset.

Steve Moore