Aluminum finned rear brake drums-TR250/6

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net, Triumphs-digest@autox.team.net,
Subject: Aluminum finned rear brake drums-TR250/6
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 19:30:52 EST
A question for the list(s)...
I have seen a few inconclusive threads on the use/availability of aluminum
rear brake drums. In particular, ones made for the above application, not
adapted from other cars.

Is anyone using them?
Where were they purchased?
Do they indeed improve your braking or do they just look good?

It seems aluminum should disippate heat more quickly and there is probably a
weight savings also. I am about to check to see if there is enough metal left
to true on my drums, then clean and paint. Before spending this time and
effort I was wondering if anyone can provide some guidance/opinions. My drums
definitely have a "shoe-groove" and are a lovely rust patina from many many
years on the road.

Thanks for any advice...
Larry M
TR250 rising from the pieces.