Questions specific to USA bound 1975/76 TR6's

To: "6pack List" <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Questions specific to USA bound 1975/76 TR6's
From: "JPHaeg" <haeg1@mninter.net>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 12:36:15 -0600
I have a few questions specifically relating to 1975(and 1976?) TR6's:

1) Are there some basic modifications relating to the distributor and
carburetor to improve how the engine runs and performs? (nullifying changes
made for emissions purposes) Has anyone found a good source of this type of
information on the internet?
- I've read that the timing was retarded to improve emissions, can this change
be reversed simply by timing the car differently?
-I've noticed that the previous owner of my car has disconnected the vacuum
line going to my distributor, and plugged the line. What is the result of this
modification is?

2) I want to eliminated the warning buzzer that goes off when the door is
opened. What is the best method for doing this?  I was hoping to leave the
door switch alone, because I believe it also controls the interior light near
the key switch. I disconnected the buzzer, and the ignition was disabled. My
electrical schematics in the Bentley catalog don't seem to show the buzzer,
has anyone found an accurate schematic?

Thanks for you time,
John H. in Minneapolis.

PS: Received a foot of fresh snow last night, just in time for Christmas. I
shoveled and plowed all morning, and then we drank a few beers with some
neighbors friends last night. Life is good! I'm now making plans to cook a big
turkey for the family come Christmas day.
Cruising and wrenching on the old Triumph is just three months away :)