More on Celica 5 Speed Conversion

To: jdhenn <jdhenn@prodigy.net>, 6 Pack Digest <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: More on Celica 5 Speed Conversion
From: Bernard Robbins <brobbins@wlg.nec.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 07:37:36 +1300
Hi Jim,

Prior to Christmas I went to one of the local classic car meets. One of the
guys there was racing a 2500 saloon with the Celica 5 speed. He said it was
a pretty easy conversion with no major problems. The main reason this guy
went to the Celica box was due to it's strength and availability of parts.
I understand the lower gears are different ratios to the TRiumph box, but
the 5th gear is reasonably close to the overdrive (I think he said 0.82:1,
but don't quote me on that).

The kit is made by these guys....
http://www.conversioncomp.co.nz/

I'm pretty sure they would ship internationally. Remember NZ$1 is approx
US$0.45 (so you can basically half any NZ$ prices they give).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Bernard Robbins

NEC New Zealand Ltd