FYI: Tire Conversion Chart

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: FYI: Tire Conversion Chart
From: William Whitmoyer <wwhitmoyer@samsonite.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 09:43:47 -0500
FYI: I found something interesting over the weekend when shopping for tires
for another car, a tire conversion chart for classics to modern
tires.  Since we all know I have a tire fetish, I was overjoyed.  The
original-sized TR6 tires are listed in the Eurometric "82" series column,
and the recommended  suggestions retain the same rolling diameter but don't
necessarily fit on a TR6.  On another note, there is a related link to
figuring out tire diameters and other information in inches, which is great
for competition tires since you want the wheel width to be 85-95% of the
tire section width for best track handling.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/size_conversion.htm

William Whitmoyer
69 TR6
91 CRX Si