Re: Brake Booster leaks vacuum

To: levilevi@home.com, 6pack@autox.team.net, Triumphs@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Brake Booster leaks vacuum
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 01:24:45 EST
In a message dated 2/17/2001 12:07:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
levilevi@home.com writes:

> Here's another option.  Plug the vacuum line that connects to the booster
> and drive your car.

Corey,

I agree with Bud. Mine developed a leak on a trip also, and I just plugged it
like Bud did and drove it like that for the rest of the trip. I did get
around to replacing it a few months later, but driving without it is no big
deal.

You might want to check with some of the vendors that cater to the street rod
crowd. They sell boosters that are about the same size as the TR6, but a lot
cheaper. I haven't tried it, but they look like they might fit with a little
bit of ingenuity and/or adapters. I do know that a GM M/C mounting bolt
pattern is "almost" the same as the TR6, and a little filing should make it
fit. If you want, I can measure the mounting bolt pattern for both the M/C
and the booster, so you can take that info with you as you search. If I
remember correctly (HA - fat chance of that) a booster AND a M/C costs about
the same as a TR6 booster alone.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm