Re: Air Valve Operation/follow-up

To: TR6@vigoris.net
Subject: Re: Air Valve Operation/follow-up
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2001 00:13:46 -0000
John and others who responded:

I took the dash pot cover off the carb that appeared to be binding.  I
re-realigned the air valve (made sure the diaphragm's rubber tab was seated
properly in the notch in the carb body), put a little household oil on the
outside of the dash pot and inside of the shaft that it slides up and down
in and refastened the screws.  The valve now lifts easily and closes with a
solid click.  Air valves on both carbs appear to operate with similar ease.
Thanks again to all.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6, CC30689L
Woodinville, WA