Re: (no subject)

To: jgarruba@ematic.com (J Garruba)
Subject: Re: (no subject)
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:34:10 -0800 (PST)
Joseph---The "two up condition" is a Brit term for two people in the
car, or approx. 350 lb. I suppose this is to compress the road springs
to where the frame is then 6" from the ground at two places along the
side rails. Set a bottle or scissor jack to 6" or so, and see if it wil
slide under the frame.  This measurement also assumes std. tire height,
like the redlines which were quite tall.  Height can also be taken from
the base of the windscreen to ground, if you want to lay a straight
piece of lumber or something across the car at this point and go from
there.
Personally I think the TR looks good a little lower, but I'm not a
concourse judge.

A quickey measurement from the high point under each fender lip might
show something like 28 inches to ground, at all fenders.

Dick T.
'73