RE: Intake and exhaust manifold torques

To: "Chris N. Shively" <b_cshively@cox-internet.com>, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Intake and exhaust manifold torques
From: Glenn Rattmann <k6na@cts.com>
Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 19:53:14 -0800
At 07:40 PM 02/27/2001 -0600, you wrote:

>If you are using Never-seize, you
>should use a torque value that is approximately 80% of the specified value
>[0.8 X torque value].  Using the ranges supplied by the Bentley Manual, the
>low end of the range is a good choice.  If you used something like
>Locktite-Ni Antiseez, the value would have to be 60% of the specified value
>because it is even slicker.  Chesterton [industrial grade] has a compound
>that doesn't affect the torque value requirements at all.

Chris (and Dick Taylor),
Thanks to both of you for the enlightenment about the torque-value question
I had posted.  Sorry for the slow response-- I am in the field for my
company, at Eglin AFB for a while, and email from the hotel is slow and
sometimes impossible.  Just now had a chance to catch up a bit.

Any TR6 fans around Ft. Walton Beach, FL area?

Glenn Rattmann 74.5 TR6 X 2
San Diego