GL4, GL5 oil use????

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: GL4, GL5 oil use????
From: jdhenn <jdhenn@cfl.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 12:41:48 -0500
Folks, it's the old which oil works best question.  I am in need of gear
oil for my 75 TR6 and recall the discussions about not using GL5 becasue
it degrades the brass syncho rings.  I can't find the GL4 anywhere.
I've tried tractor supply houses, parts stores, etc..  No one can
special order it either, they all say it is discontinued.  If we can't
get the GL4, do we use the GL5 or put the car up on blocks.  Does anyone
know where one can special order via phone etc.?
Thanks in advance!
Jim
Frustrated in Kissimmee, FL