Re: cylinder head math

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net, Opntop@aol.com
Subject: Re: cylinder head math
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 10:48:57 EST
In a message dated 3/30/2001 3:03:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
tr6taylor@webtv.net writes:

FWIW, when I had my head milled (forgotten how much now, and I didn't write
it down when I had it done about 6 - 8 years ago), I found that there was
enough adjustment in the valve lash adjusters to compensate, and maintain the
same rocker/push rod geometry. I think I'm running about 9.5 to 1 compression
ratio, so that'll give you some indication of the amount I had milled. I
extrapolated from the data in Kas Kasner's book to arrive at the amount to
have the head milled to arrive at that compression ratio.

Of course, I'm electrical, not mechanical, so I may be all wet, but that's my
opinion. Worth at least half of what you paid for it (half of zero is still
zero, right?).

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm