Re: Toyota Land Cruiser throwout (release) bearing part number

To: jay_welch@juno.com
Subject: Re: Toyota Land Cruiser throwout (release) bearing part number
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 12:18:02 -0700 (PDT)
Jay---I just purchased this bearing from TRF. It is also known by part
no. RCT52S and came already pressed onto the carrier sleeve. This sleeve
is identical to the one on which the 'stock' bearing resides, so if you
get the bearing alone it should go on with the usual amount of
fussiness. (Warm bearing, frozen sleeve, etc.)  I like to add a coating
of Molycote to the inside of the sleeve and front cover shaft for
lubrication.
TRF  supply their sleeves with the 'anti-spin' pin in place. I typically
don't use this pin with the hopes of having the advantage of a floating
bearing effect.  In this case I left it in, leaving the work of spinning
upon the bearings internals. I really hope that this bearing lasts as
long as its huskiness suggests.

Dick T.
'73