Trailing Arm Question

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Trailing Arm Question
From: Berzins Family <ab.berzins@islandtelecom.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 18:08:28 -0300
Hi Folks,
                I recently bought a chassis outrigger repair kit (the
frame piece that the trailing arm bolts to) and am planning on using it
as a template to make up a pair of
repair kits - I've got 2 rusty frame Tr6s.
    On the outrigger there are 3 pairs of holes - 1 pair is located on
the inboard side this is obviously where the inboard trailing arm
bracket goes. The other 2 pairs of holes are located on the outboard
side  I recognize that the most outboard pair of holes is for the outer
trailing arm bracket.
    So what is the purpose of the last pair of holes which are located 2
inches on the inboard (driveshaft) side of the outer pair of holes? They
have the same vertical spacing and reinforcing that the other pairs of
holes have - but no real purpose. Perhaps these parts also fit another
series TR? When fabricating my new pieces I'd prefer not to have any
extra holes if not required.

Thanks in advance for  your help!

Aivars Berzins