Re: Header

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Header
From: "Don" <cdon2013@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 19:03:32 -0500
YES, there are photos put away some where, and the reason I was not on the
list for a while, was I had put to much time into that peace of so called
mechanical art form.
The design not only fits perfect, but gives easy access to all sump pan
bolts along side it..

The so called science equates to between 33, and 34 inch length tubing from
exhaust port, to collector, for best low, and mid BAND

The length for the high band is closer to 30'' ........

I past some photos to one of racing crowd here on the list last year, and
last I had heard, some of his bodies were thinking of reproducing.
David ..... you out there....

It is interesting, because the cam that has been placed, does not start to
come on till 2800,
but the low end torque is so much more noticeable than before, with the
33''/ 34'' design.

I have not been past 48 or 5000 net, because of my believe of break in, it
currently is around 500 mi. mark, from fresh, so it won't be long.

 Drew 5000 once, because my ego had to show this Cadillac Northstar that his
big buck 32 valve power plant, just did not have the balls he thought it
did.
The distributor has been recurved also, besides the balancing, lighting of
some key parts, cam, Weber side D........s that now seem to be dialed in
pretty well, etc etc.
Not sure if it is Tang ready net, but it is a least 150 lbs. lighter than
stock, will be weighing at the stone yard real soon, my goal was to pull 200
lbs.
Stock looking aluminum water pump housing will be next, along with aluminum
pulleys.