71 A-OD relay location

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: 71 A-OD relay location
From: "Russ Pagano" <pagano@home.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 23:59:15 -0400
I'm in the final stages of adding an A-type OD to my 71 but can't find a
good place to mount the 3rd relay. Dan Masters' most excellent book says 71s
came with 2 relays; one for the hazards and one for the horn unless an OD
was fitted then no horn relay was used and the 2nd relay was used for the
OD. Wacky but true! I have an air horn so I'm using the horn relay with
existing wiring. There's a 4 way connector block with 2 heavy gauge brown
wires in and nothing out mounted to the inner fender near the fuse box. The
brown wires are always hot so that would be a good relay "C1" wire.  I was
thinking of using this space for the 3rd relay since the upper OD harness
would like to be there.  Can anyone tell me what this connector is for? Any
other ideas on mounting locations for the relay?
Russ
Columbia, MD