Undercoat

To: <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Undercoat
From: Rick Patton <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 22:20:52 -0400
The end is now at least in sight for finishing up the body work on my 75
TR6. It's been a full scale frame off and much of the sheetmetal has been
repaired or is new. New floors, sills, fenders, B posts, etc.  With all that
done there is not too much left that is undercoated.

There have been a number of messages on this board about removing all
undercoating. Can anyone explain the pro's and con's?  I'm at a point where
it could go either way. A few cans of rubberized undercoat and the
underbelly would be protected from road sand wearing away the new paint. On
the other hand, a few hours could just about wipe out the remaining
undercoat. The car will never be concourse and will be a semi daily driver
in good weather. Help.

Rick Patton
Brunswick, Maine
75 Delft blue TR6