Re: Problem with MSD Ignition in TR6

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Problem with MSD Ignition in TR6
From: "Nelson Riedel" <nriedel@nextek.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2001 20:46:38 -0400

> Nelson,
> That problem is covered in the MSD installation instructions.  It has to
do with feedback causing the switch to in effect be bypassed by the ignition
> light wiring.
>
> There is a diode included in the kit to remedy the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Joe Curry

 Joe,

Instructions?  Diode?   The guy who installed it for my friend must have
thrown them out.   Not sure I'd have read them anyway, sounds too much like
asking for directions when I still have a half tank of fuel.  Like their
solution but sure hope they didn't say the problem was caused by feedback.
The problem is that there is an unswitched power source (albeit it a
relatively high impedance one) to the white wire circuit when the engine is
running.

Nelson