Re: TR6 fuel cell/TR6 aluminum gas tank

To: kkrice1@email.msn.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 fuel cell/TR6 aluminum gas tank
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2001 23:23:32 EDT
In a message dated 6/14/2001 7:48:28 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
kkrice1@email.msn.com writes:

> Has anyone put a fuel cell in their TR6.  If so, where did you get it and
> how much did you pay.  Was it a custom installation or did they have one to
> fit.  Also, has anyone put an aluminum fuel tank in their TR6.  If so, where
> did you get it and what was the cost.

Kyle,

I have a custom aluminum fuel tank in my TR6V8. You can see photos of a
masonite mock up on my website at-

http://members.aol.com/danmas/gastank.htm

It was made by a friend, so I don't have a price for it. I can give you the
plans for it if you're interested, and I can give you the name of my friend
if you'd like to get a quote from him (he does this sort of thing for a
living). Only very minor mods were required to fit the tank into the space,
and it uses the stock fuel inlet cap.

Dan Masters
Alcoa, Tennessee

Triumph TR 250 - TR6 Electrical Maintenance Handbook:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas6/
Stuffing a V8 into a small British sports car:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas/
British V8 Newsletter:
     http://members.aol.com/danmas4/mgv8.htm