Re: Front three plugs....

To: tr6taylor@webtv.net
Subject: Re: Front three plugs....
From: "Walter Fogle" <lbc4me@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 20:59:43 -0000
Dick and List:

I drove my car to the paint shop today to have the rocker panels painted
black; an appearance detail I've wanted to complete for some time.  It was a
pleasant motor on a nice day in Seattle.

Before I left this morning I cleaned the temp compensators with carb solvent
and installed the new air filters I had on the shelf.  These last two carb
tweaks seem to have made a huge difference.  No rough running or power loss.
  Here's what I've done to try and sort out the problem since my short lived
carb rebuild success:

Tune-up:  points, cap, rotor, condensor, filters; a valve adjustment, check
timing (appeared correct with a strobe light but I loosend up the
distributor and tweaked it anyway.  Made sure that the vacuum capsules were
working properly.  I leaned out the front carb with the idle trim screw.
Along with the other basic tune-up parts I am trying a hotter NGK sparkplug
(GR4).  So far, so good.  I hope I can report the same in a week or two.
I'm saving a float check for last!

Thanks for your help.

Walt Fogle
'69 TR6