Re: Alternator Problem??

To: "Chris Kincer" <KincerC@abcbank.com>,
Subject: Re: Alternator Problem??
From: "Brooks Bullock" <airsmyth@covad.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 12:31:56 -0700
Yea Chris:

It is my opinion that your alternator is in need of work, or replacement I
would venture to say that your slow drain is in the rectifier pack (Diode
pack) within the alternator which would contribute to the lack of output
also. I am surprised that you don't see a alternator fail light if it is
functional, usually if you have a drain that will take it down in a week,
you should here a snap of current flow when you take the plug on the
alternator on and off.

good luck
Brooks
Atlanta GA