Squeak coming from the back

To: 6 list <6pack-digest@autox.team.net>, trowel@mediaone.net
Subject: Squeak coming from the back
From: Bob Greene <rgreene@whoi.edu>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 13:47:31 -0400
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2001 22:04:30 -0400
From: Rick Trowel <trowel@mediaone.net>

Hi all
    I tried looking this up in the archives...but it's been down for a
couple of days.

   I have a squeak coming form the back end of my 76TR6. It doesn't seem
to be there when the car is cool (after sitting over night) but after I
dive it awhile, the squeak shows up.

  <snip> This past winter I did replace the rear springs, bushing (with
poly-
greased) and u-joints. At first I thought it was the new bushings- I
thought I may not have put on enough grease. One thing that I noticed
was that the squeak happens when I decelerate, I don't hear it if I
going over bumps in the road - as long as I don't let off on the  gas.
The last time I had it out, after I parked it  I pushed the car forward
slightly (rocked the car) and I could hear the squeak. I thought that if
it was the bushing that it would squeak when the car was going up and
down, not front to back.

 Could this still be caused by the bushings ? Any thoughts on whatelse
could it be ?

thank in advance
_rick
Squeaky - 76TR6

Hi Squeaky... I'm mean Rick: :-0 (sorry could not resist)
        Check you differential mounts. I just went thru this. Started as a
"squeak" ended with a "clunk" I found a broken mount bracket on my
differential. The one that is known to break in the front passenger side
mount.
        Not too hard to fix. (if you can weld)  Also a good time to replace the
mounts & u-joints.
        Good Luck
        Bob "clunk" Greene
Cape Cod British Car Club
http://clubs.hemmings.com/capecodbritish/
        Good Luck

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
rgreene.vcf]