Re: Turn signal cancellation

To: jimmble@adelphia.net (James Franks)
Subject: Re: Turn signal cancellation
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:57:05 -0700 (PDT)
Jim---I didn't include recentering the turn signal cancelling cam the
way you described because I don't think it can be done that way. Since I
haven't personally had to do any steering work here, I may be
overlooking something. It appears that any time a pinch bolt is used
thru a 'flat' in a shaft, it can only go back together by this bolt
passing thru this same flat. In short, one could pull the intermediate
shaft from the universal and relocate it to a different spline position,
but then the pinch bolt wouldn't go back in. This is true at several
locations in the steering shaft. If you have personally found this to be
different than what I see, please set me straight. (You're not getting a
cherry) !

Dick Taylor