Re: Headers....

To: "David Friedlander" <forzion@maine.rr.com>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Headers....
From: "Don" <cdon2013@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 23:23:22 -0500
 OK, to those that have asked me over the last year, to see this so called
 work of art, I am considering sending to the list, or some other racers of
 the breed, a few good photo's, of the project that took waaaaay too much
 time.

 Yes,,,,, I do think it could be the nicest one on the planet, best made
 header to be placed on a TR6.
 These are way to much work for the standerd guy or car.  ( Sorry... Val  )

 To some of the people that do not understand what it take's to produce a
 work of art, or are wondering why they can't find a good one that fits.
 I will simply say in short for today, that they must be build on the car,
 and with a separate head, on a custom made stand.

 You must cut all different degrees of radious , mider to fit perfect, tack
on...... and weld off.
 And only a first class TIG welder, with beyond... great control was allowed
to do the Finnish on this one.

 There is NO PROTRUDING BEADS ON THE INSIDE OF THESE BALANCED TUBE'S, and
there for...THERE  IS NO TURBULENCE, and the flow  is superior to any other
made, for a TR6.

  AND GOOD ONE'S COST MONEY, my original plan's were to produce the best
 design possible, and make for resale to racer's, but after break up with
 wife, I lost interest.

 So to those that asked, re write.... and I will send photo's of them on the
 head stand, before the Ceramic Coating was fused on.

 OH..... just one more little thought, for you people wondering about your
 Jet Hot, or what to apply.

 Take your car for a nice Highway run, come back maybe have a beer, or what
 ever cools you down, and then reach down with the hand of your
 choice......and grab a hold of  a header pipe.
 Because after one beer, I did this, and found out to my SURPRISE.... it was
 Coool to Touch,  but net as to be expected, the aluminum intake had turned
 hot, from cool, taking its heat from the head.

Forget the stanless, and go cerramic, for the added heat retenion factor /
fuction.

DON
Long tube header
GT Mustangs 8......  from 55 mph  to 100, cannot pull away from this TR6,
after that I let off due to stock fuel pump, and possible lean stat of tune.
Oh.. and that is with stock, recurved to match spec's disstributer.

 Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2001 12:05 PM
 Subject: Headers....