Cheapest way to go...

To: jjerrel@juno.com (James M Jerrel)
Subject: Cheapest way to go...
From: tr6taylor@webtv.net (Sally or Dick Taylor)
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 16:04:41 -0700 (PDT)
James, and others---I watch my dollars spent about as much as anyone,
but since I decided long ago to keep my TR6 I'd better support those
companies who have invested much more of their money. Quality of parts
make the top of my list. With notable exceptions, TRF gets most of my
business. If I'm in a hurry and don't want to pay overnight air fare
from Pa. to Ca., then its Moss who gets the call, unless it's a piece
that I feel the quality is worth the difference.

TRF made some bad business decisions a few years back that caused cash
flow problems, which just about put them under. We have all read his
plea for help in this area. Some responded by "buying in" and loaned
cash. Let's hope all get their money back, as promised. I recently
placed a large order with them, and everything was delivered except some
dash light bulbs, known to be back ordered. I can live with that.

Last Friday night my wife and I had dinner with Charles, and Co. at the
TRIUMPHEST, in Ventura, Ca. He assured me that things were going well,
and he was now back in the parts business. I hope so. It's of no use to
us if he gets 'good stuff' when he can't deliver. Charles even knew of a
conversation I had some months ago with Dave, his tech man. Charles
wanted an update on the clutch bearing problem, and where I was at on
this. He always has shown a personal interest in what we are
experiencing with Triumph parts, as well he should. Time will tell the
rest...

Dick Taylor