Re: Hylomar for Oil Pan

To: Todd Bermudez <fattr6@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Hylomar for Oil Pan
From: David Friedlander <forzion@maine.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 22:02:40 -0500
Todd;

While you had responses to your posting, it doesn't look like anyone actually
answered what you asked. I've used Hylomar on the oil pan gasket with good
results. It seems to have a different constancy than standard RTV sealants and
doesn't set up. It's supposed to remain pliable for the life of the gasket and
makes gasket removal a snap, so they say. I haven't had any leaks (strange for
an LBC) with Hylomar since install, several thousand miles back.

Dave Friedlander
'74 TR6