A Couple of Detail Question..

To: six pack <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: A Couple of Detail Question..
From: bob <rmf3860@erols.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 21:09:59 -0500
1. The plate on the firewall through which the heater hoses pass is
screwed on and has an  oversize rubber gasket  behind it. Is this plate
and gasket painted while attached to the car? Or is it installed after
the engine compartment is painted?

2. Are the 24 or so bolts and washers that attach the top edge of the
inner and outer fenders painted?

3. My TR6 is a '75, which means it has a dual pulley water pump (the
other having been for the air pump which is long gone). Can I replace it
with a single pulley pump, i.e., a pump from a "73 or '74?

4. Similarly, the bracket that holds the alternator was also designed to
hold the air pump. Has anyone replaced the bracket with one that just
holds the alternator? Which parts do I need?

5. I plan to paint my engine a deep red. I have a white car and it will
set it off very nicely (red pinstripes, red line tires, etc.). I realize
it's supposed to be black. What are your opinions on this. I really
think it will look classy, how about you?

thanks

Bob Fabie
Fredericksburg, Va

75 TR6

[demime 0.97c removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name of
rmf3860.vcf]